Internet censorship has grown many folds in the last few years. The biggest wrath of this censorship is faced by Facebook and YouTube. Countries like China & Pakistan have completely blocked Facebook, Youtube and many other websites. While many websites are blocked by the Government, there are chances that your ISP has also blocked few of them for some strange, stupid and silly reasons. Even schools and colleges block websites giving the justification that they are distractive and affects the productivity.
Whatever be the reason and no matter who have blocked it, having a complete access to the Internet is a basic right in today’s world. The Government or school should not tell you which website you should visit or which you can’t. Just like there are various ways of Blocking a website, there are even more ways to unblock them. If you are at school or office and are frustrated because of these restrictions, here are few amazing ways to Unblock Blocked Websites. All the methods mentioned below works flawlessly and you can opt for any one of them as per your choice.
Unblocking Websites by Recasting the URL
This is the simplest way to unblock the blocked sites. You don’t need to download or install any software nor you need to buy anything. You just need to replace the http in the URL with https. So, let’ suppose YouTube is blocked and you are trying to unblock it. So, in the Address Bar, instead of writing http://www.youtube.com type https://www.youtube.com.
It works when the authority has manually blocked the site by their web address or URL and chances of blocking the website starting with http are very high. If it shows you a security notice, click on the option Proceed Anyway and you are good to go.
Open Blocked Sites by Using Virtual Private Network (VPN)
This is the most reliable way of unblocking any blocked website. Though you have to pay for using this, but this method will never disappoint you. A VPN allows you to create a safe and secure connection to another network over the Internet. VPNs are mostly used to access restricted websites and at the same time, it keeps your identity anonymous. The market is full of a large number of VPNs and choosing the best among them can be a tricky task. So, here we have mentioned the top three VPNs which will help you out in unblocking any blocked website.
- Hotspot Shield: The best part about this VPN is that you can use the free version on compromising for ads. If you are cool with getting ads during your browsing session then, you can use this VPN for free of cost. It works on all major platform and offers a great speed. If you don’t wish to see any ad, you can buy the elite version at $29.95 per year.
- AirVPN: This is currently the most popular and widely used VPN on the internet. You can use it for free. You just need to download and install it. Once installed, you can easily access any website including region-restricted websites too.
- Spotflux VPN: This is also a great VPN to gain access to blocked websites. The premium version costs $37.99 for a year and offers features like an ad blocker, data compression, high-performance locations and greater speed.
Few other VPNs which you can try are Cyberghost VPN, Express VPN, Nord VPN. You can also opt for VPNs that don’t store any logs.
Open Any Website by Using Online Proxy Websites
If you don’t want the hassle of downloading and installing a software like VPN for unblocking the blocked websites, you can opt for Proxy Websites. Proxy Websites works like a charm and can easily unblock any blocked site. The internet is full of Proxy Websites but not all of them in a perfect manner. You can also use these Free Proxy Websites to Unblock YouTube. Here are few Proxy Websites which can unblock any site for you:
All the above-mentioned proxies are completely free and safe to use. If you need our suggestion, we suggest you use Zalmos rest you can use any one of them as per your choice.
By Changing DNS Server
DNS Server is like a box which contains all the information regarding all the sites on the Internet. So, when someone blocks any website IP, it is blocked in the DNS Server. Thus, when you use these DNS servers, you are blocked to use those websites. This method is used by the majority of authorities and can be easily bypassed by changing the DNS Servers.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre
- Click on “Change adapter settings” on the left sidebar.
- Choose the network you are connected to. Right Click on it and click on “Properties”.
- Now in the dialog box, choose “Internet Protocol Version 4” and click on “Properties”.
- Now, click on “Use the following DNS server addresses” and type values as shown in the screenshot and click OK.
Now try to open YouTube. You may have to restart the Chrome before doing so. 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 are DNS servers maintained by Google. If this doesn’t work, you can also try OpenDNS servers, which are 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11.
Browser Add-Ons to unblock websites
If you are not a fan of VPN and are tired of entering URL again and again in the Proxy website, you can opt for the Browser Add-Ons. Many VPNs and Proxy Websites offers amazing Add-Ons which can be used to Unblock the Blocked Websites. This is a one-time task as you just need to download and add the extension in your browser. Once done, you just need to enable the extension and start surfing the next normally. The Proxy Add-On will do the rest of work for you. Here are few amazing Extensions as per Browser:
By Using Manual Proxy Web Address
You can also change the Proxy settings of your Browser to unblock the blocked websites. When you manually change the Proxy Web address, you get the access to surf the blocked website with ease. Here is a small guide on how to manually change Proxy Web Address of your Browser.
- Click here to get the list of Proxy IP addresses. You can try any of these. Keep trying different sets until you unblock your favorite site.
- Now, open your Mozilla Firefox browser. Navigate to Options > Advanced > Network > Settings.
- Now, you need to click on the Manual Proxy Setting. Enter the Proxy IP Address from the list shared above. Set the Port Number to 8080 and click OK.
Now try to access any blocked site. This should gain you the access to the blocked site. If not, try the process with a different Proxy IP address.
By Using Tor Browser/Hola Extension
Tor and Hola are two sure shot ways to Unblock any blocked website. Both these ways are used by over millions of people across the world and work fine all the platforms and operating systems.
Tor Browser is like a VPN software but in a form of browser. It allows you to secure the web safely and is the best method to surf the internet anonymously. You just need to install it and use it like any other browser. We would suggest you be cautious while using the Tor Browser. If not used properly, entering personal details can land you in trouble.
Hola is an extension which can be added to your web browser. It is free to use and can easily unblock any blocked website. You can download the extension for your Browser from Hola’s official website.
By now, you have easily gained the access to the blocked website. Let us know which method you used to unblock the blocked websites. If you are still facing some issues in unblocking the blockes websites, let us know in the comment section.